Let's face it: the world is on fire and for many of us, the end of the day spells: WINE-O-CLOCK. But, as more and more people embrace an alcohol-free life, the solution to our end of the day wind-down ritual comes in the form of Stop Your Wine-Ing by Apothekary.
Stop Your Wine-ing, is packed with Aronia and Acai berries, which contain the same heart-healthy polyphenols as red wine, but have an antioxidant concentration 10 times higher, and contain about 10-30 times the amount of anthocyanins. What are anthocyanins? Anthocyanins are pigments found in red, purple, and blue foods that belong to a class of antioxidants called flavonoids. Anthocyanins have been found to help reduce oxidative stress, reduce the risk of heart disease, and lowers blood sugar levels.
Jujube Date is also full of antioxidants, while packing a mean Vitamin C punch to support the immune system. Jujube dates have been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for centuries to lift the mood, address anxiety, and support restful sleep. Motherwort is a powerful nervine that soothes the nervous system to address anxiety and calm the mind. MCT Oil (Medium Chain Triglycerides) is derived from coconut oil, and is a healthy fat that nourishes a frayed nervous system, supports hormone regulation, aids digestion, and boosts the metabolism.
We're team bliss > booze and think you will be too.
- 1 tsp Stop Your Wine-ing
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 3 oz warm water
- ¼ tsp raw honey (optional)
- 3 oz cranberry or tart cherry juice*
- Add blend, cinnamon, and raw honey (optional) to a mug.
- Pour warm water over blend.
- Add juice and mix together with a hand frother (just to thoroughly combine the herbs not to froth).
- Pour your mixture into a wine glass if you want to be fancy!
* Note: this blend features herbs that are not safe for pregnancy. If you're expecting (congrats!) try Meet My Wombmate for a great alcohol alternative.