Hudson, You Are a Gem!
Hudson Massachusetts is our adopted home and after being here for three months now, I can't tell you how exciting it is to be in such a vital town with so many women business owners. When we were searching for a place to have Brooklyn + Rye, there were several key things we were looking for:
- A town dedicated to change and growth.
- A town that had a strong sense of community and pride of place.
- A building that was historic and refurbished to be used for years to come - recycling is our passion and what better way to bring new life to a town!
- A large population of women-founded businesses.
- A city that is diverse from multiple standpoints: ethnicity, income being two big ones.
Having our store in a historic property is such a wonderful opportunity for us to pay homage to Hudson's history, but also to be a part of Hudson's future. It's such a cool little town that it's actually been nominated in a contest for best Main Street in America based on its passion for supporting small business and reinvigorating itself. You can vote for our awesome little town here!
I'm so grateful to the members of this community for showing my little shop and my big dreams so much love. The past 3 months have been so heartwarming and I look forward to planting roots here in what I consider to be the best Main Street in America.